Teen brings woman to court for assault


A teenage girl hauled a woman before the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's court after she allegedly hit her in the face.


Charged with assault occasioning bodily harm is Stacy-Ann Folkes of a Kingston address.


It is alleged that, on March 22, the accused hit the complainant in her face, causing it to become swollen.


push the girl


Folkes, who pleaded guilty with explanation, denied hitting the underage girl in the face, but admitted to pushing the girl because she was allegedly harassing her daughter.


"I push her in her chest, but I didn't hit her in the face," she said


Resident Magistrate Georgianna Fraser asked the complainant, "so instead of going to her mother and have her mother address it, you decided to take it into your own hands?"


To this Folkes responded, "Yes miss, I did go to her mother. I have a 13-year-old daughter and I went to her mother four or five times to tell her to stop letting her see my daughter, and she said nothing."


The accused revealed to the court that the complainant was allegedly sending her daughter sexually explicit text messages.


"I went to the Hunt's Bay Police Station to make a report about my daughter receiving over 50 text messages from her about having sex. the phone was taken to the Centre for Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse (CISOCA)."


RM Fraser who silenced the accused in a bid to prevent her from revealing any other allegations about the text messages stated to the teen's mother, "I believe Folkes is wrong to have hit her, but I believe your daughter needs counselling and intervention."


RM Fraser ordered that the complainant and her mother receive counselling, while an investigation is to be launched into the contents of the text messages at CISOCA. They are to return to court on June 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment