Vendor allegedly cuts one-hand man


A fruit vendor who cut a one-hand man on his only arm will have to stand trial before his fate can be determined in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court.


Yesterday when the matter was called up for mention, the accused Jason Henry pleaded not guilty after being slapped with wounding charges.


He, however, had an explanation for the court.


Allegations are that on December 7, Henry used a piece of metal to cut the complainant on his arm.


Henry told the court, "I know him only have one hand. I couldn't ask him to dash weh the rubbish, I beg him take up the cane trash. a friend of mine help him ... . after dem done, him go missing and the friend came to me. I couldn't find my bag with money and shoes. I went to clock tower plaza to look for him."


The accused told the court that he later found the complainant with another man and when he attempted to speak to the complainant to find out where the bag was, an argument developed.


Henry said, "I found one of the bags and when mi ask him for the other bag, the one-hand man pop out him three star and him friend have a cutlass."


Senior Resident Magistrate Judith Pusey, while examining the complainant, asked Henry, "Him can pop out three star? Him can pull a rachet?"


Henry responded with a resounding, "Yes, your honour!"


A trial date was subsequently set for February 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment