Online viewers beg for thief


Man accused of stealing, tied to light post gets sympathy


A video of a man who was allegedly caught stealing and was tied to a light post by his captor has gained some sympathy by viewers despite his unscrupulous actions.


In an over two-minute clip, the man, dressed in a purple merino and beach shorts, could be seen with a bloodied nose, sitting on the ground, bound by rope tied to a light post, looking pitifully at his capturer who doubled as videographer.


"Wah an' wah yuh teef?" the videographer asked.


"Me tek out di speaker box, four speaker dem, the two likkle tweeter dem. me nuh trouble nuttin more," he admitted.


He was then asked if he had ever stolen anything else before and he responded, "No! A di fuss me a dweet."


"Wah good me do yuh?" the cameraman asked. "Yuh bring me come a yuh place and yuh tek care a me. me naa tell nuh lie," he stated, while he broke down into tears.


He proceeded to go on a rant, stating that his relatives overseas abandoned him, which led to him losing his way. "Through me madda deh a foreign and every time me call up a foreign and ask dem fi send sumn and me beg dem fi help me enuh, if dem did help me this wouldn't reach me, but dem nuh waa help."


He continued, "me nuh know weh me find meself inna, dis a di fuss me a do it," and proceeded to acknowledge his wrong, "me should neva dweet."


The alleged thief told the owner of the items that his reason for stealing them was so he could pay another. "me did ago sell the speaker dem and buy a drum ah gas oil weh me have fi the man."


Some viewers of the video pitied the man, with many stating that he should be forgiven for his actions since he appeared remorseful, while others wished he was punished further.


"Remember, we all sin and the Lord died on the cross for our sin, so instead of wanting to beat him, why not forgive him as Jesus did you? I'm sure whoever tied him up is just as bad as him who thief," one viewer said.


Another reacted, "Once a thief always a thief. him a strong young man who can go work, but I hope him learn him lesson and don't do it again."


While another added, "You know how hard people work to buy them things? you should a still a get lick all ova yuh body, a unuh same one stab up people fi dem tings."



No comments:

Post a Comment