Higgler needs back his sanity


One-month-old son is driving him mad


Diandra Grandison, Staff Reporter


Thirty-seven-year-old higgler Jonathan Burketold THE STAR that the doubt surrounding the paternity of 27-year-old Angela Haynes'one-month-old son is driving him mad and is hoping that a DNA test can give him sanity.


Haynes told THE STAR that she met Burke over 10 years ago in St Catherine when she was in need of assistance for her first child and he helped her.


Haynes: "We met over 10 years ago in Linstead, I was crying because I didn't have any feeding for my baby and he helped me."


The pair told THE STAR that since they met, they have been in an on-and-off relationship and they both had doubts because Haynes was already in a relationship with another man that she lived with when she became pregnant.


Burke: "She lived with someone else at the time of her pregnancy, but we still seeing each other; she was straight with me and told me that she wasn't sure."


Burke told THE STAR that Haynes told him that despite the doubts, she thinks there is a strong possibility that the child belongs to him because he was experiencing some pregnancy symptoms, which she allegedly claims the fathers of her other children also experienced.


Burke: "She said that with her other two kids, their fathers showed pregnancy symptoms, sleepiness and all those things and I too experienced them as well."


The child is not registered in Burke's name, but in the name of the man Haynes was living with, which according to her was done without her knowledge.


Haynes: "When I was in the hospital, the guy came and registered the baby, I was unconscious from doing surgery (C-section), so he registered him in his name."


The pair was asked whom the child resembles.


Burke: "A part of the child resembles me, I am a tall person, the child is tall and she says the other guy is short. Some features on the child resembles me like the mouth and the fingers, but I'm still not sure if is mine, and it a mad me!"


Haynes: "He looks like Jonathan, he has the same face as him, every time I look in the baby's face I see Jonathan."


THE STAR asked the pair what they would like the results to state.


Burke: "It's a boy and I wouldn't mind the results say is mine, it would be nice to have a son since I already have a daughter."


Haynes: "I would want it to say Jonathan's, he would help since we've known each other for so long and he helped me with my first child, I know he would be a good dad to his own."


Burke was asked what would happen if the results should state that he is not the father of Haynes' son.


Burke: "I am going to walk, I have to walk, because of the history between me and her."


Names changed


The child is not registered in Burke's name, but in the name of the man Haynes was living with, which according to her was done without her knowledge.


Do you have any doubts that a child is yours, or have you been denied access to a child who you believe is yours? Well, here is the chance for you to find out the truth. Contact THE STAR at 932-6271/932-6249 or


932-6282 to share your story and qualify for a chance to get a free DNA test, courtesy of Caribbean Genetics.



No comments:

Post a Comment