Picture of dead twins on social media upsets audience


Following the recovery of the bodies of the twin boys who were washed away by floodwaters caused by heavy rains in Montego Bay on Monday, persons have taken to social networking sites, to express their grief about the tragic incident.


Nine-year-old Brandon and Brayden Jones were on their way home from the Green Pond Primary School when one of the boys reportedly climbed on to a rail and fell into the gully. According to reports, his brother tried to help him and he too fell into the gully.


After hours of searching by residents, the boys' bodies were found near the Dump Up beach along the Howard Cooke Boulevard Tuesday morning.


Despite the horrific incident, the images of the deceased boys laying in the sand in only their khaki school pants, could be seen circulating across various social network sites, with many viewers expressing their condolences and others their disgust at the circulators.


"My heart goes out to the parents of the boys. I am a mother too and I don't know what I would do if this was to happen to me. I pray they take it a step at a time," a Facebook user commented.


Another added, "This is one of the saddest news I've heard since the year start. I send my condolence to the family."


Another viewer expressed, "This is so insensitive; take this down. You can't be posting the pictures of their dead bodies. show some respect."



No comments:

Post a Comment