Senior remanded for hitting child with pumpkin


A senior who used a pumpkin to hit a child in his face because the child allegedly called him names was on Friday remanded when he appeared in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court.


Charged with cruelty to child is Patrick Edwards, who pleaded guilty and offered the court an explanation.


He said, "Your honour, is only the piece a old pumpkin I used to hit him ... I never use nothing else." The court was told that the accused used his hands and a pumpkin to hit the child in his face.


Edwards explained, "He leave his yard and come to my yard to call me names. Him a shake down my grill and a talk 'bout mi a ...and all kind of things. Is a piece of rotten pumpkin I tek and fling it, and it splash in his face."


Senior Resident Magistrate Judith Pusey asked, "Do you know you can do three years for it?"


"Three years fi hit him with a pumpkin?" responded Edwards.


He also went on to say that the child was rude and his parents should take responsibility for him.


He was subsequently remanded until today for sentencing.



No comments:

Post a Comment