Toe bite lands couple in court


Christopher Thomas, STAR Writer

WESTERN BUREAU:


A St James man who told the Montego Bay Resident Magistrate's Court that his babymother bit him on his toe during a fight is to return to court on March, 5, when he will get a trial date for assaulting the woman.


Damion Morris had pleaded guilty with explanation to the charge of assault occasioning bodily harm, in which it is alleged that he pushed the complainant on to a door and beat her all over her body, resulting in bruising and swelling.


In his explanation to presiding magistrate Carolyn Tie, Morris said he was forced to defend himself when the complainant attacked him during a quarrel.


"We went to the bathroom (on the day of the alleged incident), and we were discussing the matter, something had come up, with her and a cellular phone," said Morris. "She start to 'chuk' me up" and I said, "suppose me fi put my hand back on you?" and she said "you a go dead."


Morris added that during the ensuing brawl, the complainant bit him on his toe, resulting in him having to seek medical attention afterward.


"She start bite me on my toe like she want to amputate my toe, and I was saying 'let go of my toe' and she still had my toe in her mouth," said Morris.


However, the complainant refuted Morris' version of events.


"This is not the first time he is doing this," the complainant declared, referring to the beating the defendant had allegedly given her.


RM Tie subsequently ordered Morris to return to court on March 5.


"You are to return on March 5, you will hear the trial date on that day," said RM Tie.



No comments:

Post a Comment