Security guard is father of two-year-old


André Williams, STAR Writer


The winning story in THE STAR paternity feature for the month of October is 'Mother Gave My Child To Another Man. Security seeks DNA for two-year-old', published on October 29.


During a tearful interview which lasted almost 30 minutes, 27-year-old security guard Shavar Douglas voiced the circumstances surrounding his bid for a free paternity test.


Douglas' alleged babymother Gloria Brown, 40, is deceased.


According to him, Brown was adamant and even admitted while on her deathbed, that a two-year-old child she brought into this world belonged to him, though the infant was given to another man.


Douglas told THE STAR that he had been with Brown for seven years, and that they had been having a great relationship until the day she found out he cheated, and, then,things started to get rocky.


When he was told he was the lucky winner of a free paternity test, Douglas said, "Jah Know, God Good and God great ... I give thanks ... Mi nuh have no doubt inna mi head, but if a nuh mine nothing nah go stop mi from take care of that little girl."


He previously told THE STAR that up until the time of Brown's death, they were in a relationship.


Douglas said: "Mi woulda love if it turn out that she is mine, a dat Gloria woulda want, she tell me that over and over say a my child."


Douglas was asked what would happen if the result said the child belonged to him or otherwise.


Douglas said: "Well if is mine, bwoy mi a tell yuh, right now mi is a security guard and the girl mi use to love gone, so anything to make her happy. mi want to be a better man and really take care of her. If she is not mine, mi nuh know. Gloria tell me over 100 times that the baby is mine, mi woulda feel a way and wonder why, but I would still be a man around the child. I don't know if I would be enthused, but mi love her mother and her mother dead."


When quizzed by THE STAR, Douglas explained his reasons for having doubts.


Douglas said: "After me hurt her, she started talking to this older man weh have him money. She was still coming around to check mi on weekends and we do we ting. She got pregnant and the day after she have the baby, she call me to the hospital and tell mi that is my daughter, a me get her pregnant."


The child in question is registered in another man's name, and according to Douglas, it's the same individual Brown turned to after he hurt her.


Douglas told THE STAR that since the first interview he has been looking into certain things.


Douglas said: "From the last time mi talk to you, mi just want be a better man ... I stand by everything I said in the first interview ... I swear I just want god give me the strength, wisdom and understanding as I go forward."


Do you have any doubts that a child is yours, or have you been denied access to a child who you believe is yours? Well, here is the chance for you to find out the truth. Contact THE STAR at 932-6271/932-6249 or


932-6282 to share your story and qualify for a chance to get a free DNA test, courtesy of Caribbean Genetics.



No comments:

Post a Comment