No bail for man who pleaded guilty to fraud


A man who pleaded guilty to fraud, but told the court that he is not a thief, was remanded in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court yesterday.


Errol Robinson is to return to court on July 22, for sentencing.


It is alleged that the accused was entrusted with a 1992 motor truck to sell for a male complainant, however, he failed to turn over the money after the vehicle was sold.


"I am not a menace to society, I am not a thief. I am just a victim of circumstances. This situation makes me look like a thief, but I am not," Robinson said in court when he was questioned about the complainant's funds.


The accused is also to be sentenced in a similar matter where it is alleged that he sold a Mercedes Benz for a female complainant and failed to pay over the woman's money.



No comments:

Post a Comment