Manager fined for twisting worker's arm


A restaurant manager, who reportedly twisted the hands of his employee, in a bid to prevent her from stabbing him with a spoon, was fined $1,000 on Monday in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court.


Charged with assault is Andre Reeves. He pleaded not guilty and provided the court with an explanation.


According to him, since being employed through him, the complaint failed to listen to him on the job.


Reeves said, "Your Honour, she was disrespectful to me. She tell mi all sort of things. It started because I told her I sold a fruit punch, and she insisted on orange juice."


Argument


The court was told that the two had an argument, which turned physical after Reeves allegedly pushed the complainant.


Reeves said, "I didn't push her down. I needed something beside a table. I asked her to move out the way, and she grabbed a spoon and stabbed at me."


The complainant said, "He chucked me, and when I reach for the spoon, he grabbed my hands and squeeze the spoon out."


Senior Resident Judith Pusey said, "Well, since you each got what you gave. I am going impose a fine."


Reeves was fined $1,000 or 10 days imprisonment.



No comments:

Post a Comment