'LOVE LET ME HURT WIFE'


Man tells court after using umbrella to stick her in right eye


An estranged husband was yesterday sentenced to one year's imprisonment in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court, after he used the point of an umbrella to stick his wife in her eye during an argument on the road.


Charged with assault occasioning bodily harm is Anthony Gibbons. He pleaded guilty to the offence.


Gibbons said, "A just problem, enuh, Miss Pusey. A tru mi love mi wife. Mi never mean fi do it, enuh. A just shape me a shape after her, and it juck her in her eye."


Senior Resident Magistrate Judith Pusey reminded Gibbons that it was not his first time seeing her in court.


His wife immediately said, "Yes, Your Honour, it's true, he was here the last time because he threw a settee at me and hit me."


Seven stitches


The complainant also told the court that she received seven stitches for the wound to her right eye.


"Your Honour, it felt like it was my eye ball when it was being stitched," said Gibbons' wife.


The complaint told the court that on the day in question, Gibbons attacked her, claiming she had a man.


She said, "I was coming from work, and I stopped to wait for somebody to bring a laptop for me, and him attack me. You cant love somebody and keep on doing that."



No comments:

Post a Comment