Man who swiped money from ATM gets bail extension


A man who stole money that came out of an ATM wrongfully had his bail extended yesterday in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court.


Charged with simple larceny is Donovan Harrison.


He pleaded guilty and offered the court an explanation.


Harrison said, "I'm working and paid it back. I was paying for about three or four months. I paid until I got sick and then I heard all this."


Senior Resident Magistrate Judith Pusey said, "You are not charged for failing to repay, you are charged for stealing it."


"Your Honour. if I get a chance, I am willing to pay it back by month end", said Harrison.


RM Pusey did not end without telling Harrison what she would have done had it been her in his position.


RM Pusey said, "If an ATM machine start to push out money, I'd run like a thief."


Harrison is to return on May 1 for sentencing.



No comments:

Post a Comment