Man pleads guilty to criminal charges


A man, who sells condoms for a living, was sentenced to three months in prison when he appeared in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court on Monday.


Pleading guilty to criminal trespassing and resisting arrest is 35-year-old Rohan Davy of a Kingston 20 address.


According to reports, on September 19 around 2 a.m., Davy was caught trespassing on the premises of a doctor's office located on Ripon Road, Kingston 5. He was accosted by the police, but managed to wriggle his body away from an officer and ran.


The accused was held shortly after on Oxford Road in the area.


Davy told the court that he was in the Ripon Road area because he sells condoms to sex workers. He also admitted to Senior Resident Magistrate Judith Pusey that he has appeared before the court for a similar offence earlier this year.


"I explained to the other judge that I was tired and I drop asleep over there and she tell me be careful and fined me five grand," he said.


"Well, I'm going to send you to prison for it. I know what you were doing over there and you know that I know what you were doing over there," RM Pusey stated.


After RM Pusey handed down the sentencing, Davy pleaded, "I can't just pay a fine Your Honour?"


He was sentenced to three months in prison for the criminal trespassing and 10 days in prison for resisting arrest, the sentences are to run consecutively.



No comments:

Post a Comment